Red Art

May 20, 2010 at 11:47 am (Computer Science, Graphics) (, , , , , , )


I’ve decided to post a few screenshots of art generated from some software I wrote. It’s a suite used for assisting in creating art from photographs in order to mimic the style of Russian propaganda posters. The code is written in both C# (for the interactive parts) and Matlab (for the raw image processing).

Permalink Leave a Comment

Project updates from 2010

May 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm (Computer Science, Graphics) (, , , , , , , , , , )


So I’ve been fairly busy with finishing off the coursework required for my Masters degree lately. I’m in the process of tying up some loose ends right now before I start putting all my attention towards my thesis research.

One of the projects I’m finishing up is a software for visualizing genome comparison data. I’ve named it BioHive due to it reminding me of a bee hive because of the layered approach I used. I might post some screenshots at a later point in time once I finish fixing it up and use it a bit.

Another interesting project is a Russian propaganda poster generator. I call it Red Art and it turns photographs of people into traditional propaganda posters from the 1930’s. It was a little irritating to work on due to the difficulties with consistent automatic image segmentation, but overall I had fun making the software. I’ll post images of the results later as well, but I’m currently trying a new approach to this idea to try and improve it. We’ll see how far I get with it.

Permalink Leave a Comment