Project updates from 2010

May 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm (Computer Science, Graphics) (, , , , , , , , , , )


So I’ve been fairly busy with finishing off the coursework required for my Masters degree lately. I’m in the process of tying up some loose ends right now before I start putting all my attention towards my thesis research.

One of the projects I’m finishing up is a software for visualizing genome comparison data. I’ve named it BioHive due to it reminding me of a bee hive because of the layered approach I used. I might post some screenshots at a later point in time once I finish fixing it up and use it a bit.

Another interesting project is a Russian propaganda poster generator. I call it Red Art and it turns photographs of people into traditional propaganda posters from the 1930’s. It was a little irritating to work on due to the difficulties with consistent automatic image segmentation, but overall I had fun making the software. I’ll post images of the results later as well, but I’m currently trying a new approach to this idea to try and improve it. We’ll see how far I get with it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: